Write an essay on a memorable trip with the family

 

A memorable trip with the family

As parents, there are many reasons to visit children in school. Each day we spend time talking with students about their school life, their studies, their grades, and more. However, one particular trip that I have taken that has left a lasting impression on me was when my husband and daughter traveled together to Los Angeles and Lake Buena Vista to visit a friend’s children. We thought it would be a special occasion for this friend’s children. But it was an unforgettable day; we enjoyed every moment and learned many valuable lessons from it. My son was looking forward to this trip from day one and had hopes that he would have fun, do amazing things, and have new adventures.

We thought he might even get to meet other kids from other schools. My daughter never got the chance to travel with her parents and had hoped to see their beautiful world with them.

Our planned flight was going smoothly as usual.

When our daughter jumped into the airport carpool, she stated to me immediately that she would be one of the parents who would have the hardest time getting everyone to wear masks when the trip was to begin. She explained that her friends were having a lot of trouble doing this. We told her we would talk about it later.

The next thing she said was that she had “no clue” what the adults in the school were talking about.

She understood why we were talking about the topic, but since she hadn’t heard about it before, she said she wasn’t sure what the problem was. When my husband looked out the window, he overheard her say the following: “How is that acceptable?! What about our lives?” We immediately told her that if she had known the issues the adults were having with masks before traveling, she wouldn’t have done it. She then told us that she, like everyone else in her class, had a private tutor, an assignment on wearing masks, and adhering to all the other safety measures. She went on and stated, “My friends have to stay late in the morning, and a parent said to everyone, ‘You have to wear a mask, have to wait in line and not talk.’ Why should they do it?” My husband thought she was trying to get his attention, but the words just kept coming out of her mouth.

So we did nothing at all. We waited until after school, and then we talked to the teachers as well as the school administrator, so everyone wore masks in school. The parents eventually let the students and teachers know that this was a voluntary process, and everyone should abide by it. My daughter told us that that was the best day of her life.

As an adult, it’s important to not let these things affect you. You should be responsible for what is being said and done to you. You can’t expect your children to act the same way you would in front of a stranger. My husband and I stopped bringing these issues up with our kids and started discussing this topic with them. My daughter came to believe that no matter what she does, she has to wear a mask. She and I learned a valuable lesson from this trip: I hope my children will make a difference in the world and not be like my daughter and get caught off guard by things.

Post a Comment

0 Comments