Last Time I watched A Horror film

 

Last Time I watched A Horror film

Halloween is just about the most popular night for celebrating the spooky season in the east midwest. This day has also become an annual day for celebrating gore films, where pictures of the flesh-eating killer or the villain who has long-limbed flesh-eaters terrified audiences for over three decades.

Cursed cities haven’t stopped watching this film series and yet they all say that they've done on account of all the scares being just too much. I must have missed my chance to watch some of the films in the series as I hadn’t been able to grab one by impregnation and I can't see why I wasn’t able to find a screening day if it’s my fault. Do you know I’m almost 22 years old?

I was determined to have a boring normal day one by one and the first by one was October 18, 1991. This was the day my jovial mood was changed by the movie “A Fantabulous Disaster” which involves a team of journalists who went to a slumber party only to have the party get interrupted by a cat-filled ghost town. By this time I was quite tired of going to movies, wanting to stay home and get into bed.

This is when the hospital video was playing, and I stood mesmerized by it for about half an hour. Reading through the script made me try to figure out what was really happening in the movie because every time I saw someone had trouble with a door or an elevator, it must mean they’re alive and have a getaway plan.

This movie is an example of the many psychological horror films and helps a reader relate a theme. The story also ties in and matches that of our own favorite nightmares. I loved every frame of this film, it was a horror classic where people would have nightmares from the events I’m allowed to watch on the screen.

The movie was well written but should have utilized subtitles as a sign that it's worth repeating and just to get in your face. But surprisingly, the movie didn’t have much continuity and ended with a gravelly sigh that I felt along with the viewer.

The first two slasher films showed all of Frankenstein's mistakes; a group of friends and their dates looking for the weird guy under the hood. I can’t help but think it didn’t have a lot of time to cut off, with enough effort with the slow pacing, it could have been easily skipped over and achieved in a single sentence. As far as scary but NOT classic horror films, don’t forget that there’s a monster with a crush on the top girl, and they’re willing to go to any extreme to woo her into their hands! If you didn’t love them because they were Gorey and easily scared me, you really should reconsider.

One other horror film that grabbed my attention was “In the Name of the King” from 1994. The film follows a boy named Grandpa who falls off a mountain, takes a month-long road trip with his son, taking new friends along with him, and for 10 days they tell each other tales, conversations, and stories so that once Grandpa returns home he knows them all, taught them, and lost the power of his mind. The most memorable part of this movie though is the end scene which we are reminded of the storyline from the script.

This way, I’ve learned to respect horror films as well as horror series, now as a whole movie series makes no sense anymore. Stories are cool; they are great fun and there’s nothing wrong with knowing about the killer or evil, but this type of plot is pointless, it’s funny to see them on screen but at one point I began to think to myself, is this not a television show, and maybe a video game. I still remember watching Nightmare on Elm Street as a child and feeling pretty great after watching it, but after becoming older, and watching the original films, it was a different feeling at the end.

Post a Comment

0 Comments